Monday 26 May 2014

Fahrfromhome - Sylvan Lake 2014

Now that the fuel lines have been repaired and the bus is road worthy I decided to take it out for a little run this past weekend.  Nothing too far a field just about 300 km ( 187 miles for my American friends).  There was an event called FAHRFROMHOME in Sylvan Lake, AB.  It was billed as a massive gathering of Alberta Volkwagens.  It didn't disappoint.  I don't know what the official count was but I'd bet it's somewhere between 250 - 300 VWs of all shapes and sizes.

Sadly there weren't many buses, maybe 6 in all and for people who like the air cooled VWs you'd be crushed with disappointment as there were maybe 14-16 air cooled VWs in all . We were far out numbered by GTIs, Cabriolets and other water cooled VDubs.

If you check out the Club Vee-Dub Facebook page for some more pictures.

Additonal FAHRFROMHOME PICTURES

All in all it was a great time and a good opportunity to go for a cruise and meet some new people.

Looking ahead to this week, I think I'm going to head out and go camping for the weekend.  Not sure where I'm going to go but I was thinking Two Jack Lake or maybe McNabb.  They aren't too far and hopefully reasonably warm over night.

Here's hoping for a good weekend, no rain, warm fire and no breakdowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment