Monday 26 May 2014

Two dudes in a Miro-Bus

Note this is an older post from May long weekend 2013

Over 1500 KM logged in the Green Monster over the past week and the one thing that sticks out was the one of the first stops at the Mount Baker Pub in Cranbrook.  Brian and I stopped in there for a break and to meet his buddy from law school.  I park.  We walk in and there are some big guys at the bar and the only thing that they could say was "heh, two dudes in a micro-bus".  That phrase defined the trip.

Overall, it was a great little road trip and the bus held up for the most part without any major issues.  First night we camped in Moyie, BC by the river .  A great little spot. From there we hit the road in the morning and cruised through Oliver and up towards Penticton.  I took some pictures, Which I'll update onthe post later when I have time. 

From Penticton, we spend a grood part of the day cruising various wineries and we eventually ended up at Brian's parent's place in Vernon. Had a relaxing couple of days with Brian's parents and I even cashed in at the Legion "Meat Draw".  For those of you who have never been to a Royal Canadian Legion meat draw...i have to say you are missing out on one of life's little pleasures. 

We had planned to take a couple of days from Vernon coming back from Calgary but I received a phone call from a friend of mine once we were on the road telling me that my hot water tank had given up the ghost and leaked all over my basement.  So Brian and I pressed on back to Calgary and made the planned two day return in one .  Upon arriving home we unpacked the bus, I took off my socks and waded into my basement to survey the damage. Not that anyone cares (or sometime I wonder if anyone is reading this) but the carpet was soaked as well aas some of the drywall.  Insurance handled it, but it was a bit of a pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment