Tuesday 5 July 2011

WTF is this!?!


I was poking around in the engine compartment last night as I knew one a clamp had wiggled loose and needed to be tied down.  While I was in there I noticed THIS….



I had a local shop here do an inspection and nothing was mentioned but I can’t help but think that components in the engine compartment shouldn’t be held together with duct tape.  I suspect that this is part of the fuel system to handle vapour (notice the Canadian spelling) when the gas expands.  The bus runs just fine with it bodged up so I am not going to touch it for now.   Here are some more pictures as I followed the lines back a little bit.  Any thoughts / comments would be appreciated. 






Now that the door handles are replaced the next project will be the vent windows (I ordered the latch kits for the yesterday).  Should be a bit of an adventure but should be able to handle it.  Baby steps right?  I mean how hard could it possibly be?

3 comments:

  1. If I were you, I'd tear that tape up right now. You never know what's underneath it; rotting fuel lines, an insecure hold that might fall out on the road, or some hippy hack that might destroy your bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tackle it this weekend once I get all the parts etc. I have some spare fuel line that I can run and secure it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That piece that hangs down is part of the breathing tube of the gas tank? I might be wrong about it being a breathing tube but I know it connects to your gas tank, if you have your bentley's it will show you T Connection. I don't have a later bus like yours but I've seen samba members talking about that same piece.

    ReplyDelete