Monday 26 May 2014

Spring has sprung, and so have my fuel lines



Spring is finally here in the Canadian North and most of the snow is gone.  I say most because here in Calgary because of the proximity to the Rocky Mountains there is still some snow at higher altitudes.  All that said, it's a clear signal to the buss cleaned out and ready to roll for the next 5/6 months.

I rolled the bus to the end of the drive way, cleaned it out then went and got the keys.  I was a little hesitant as it had sat for the past 5 months dormant in the drive way with suffering through one of the coldest winters on record. I turned the key, and to may shock it started on the first try.  I was so excited.  I sat in the driver's seat listening to the engine idle up dreaming of the road trips ahead. That's when things went off the rails.

To be fair, it was a minor thing but it still had to be dealt with.  I smelled gas.  Raw gas.  Here we go again with the fuel lines.  I cut the engine and went to work.  It took me about 2 hours and, a lot of cussing and the obligatory sacrifice of blood.  Fuel lines replaced and ready to go.  Just in time too...












No comments:

Post a Comment